[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by rajeswor99
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 HELP! Can we apply for Citizenship without lawyer ?
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 08-02-21 12:26 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

My 76 year old father has been in the US for 6 years straight since 2015 and I d like to file for Citizenship for him.
Has anybody done that without lawyer ?
And will he have to take the Citizenship test ? He s not so good in reading and writing English.   

Thank you very much in advance.
Last edited: 02-Aug-21 12:39 PM

Posted on 08-02-21 12:38 PM     [Snapshot: 14]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

Yes, I have done it without a lawyer and most people do it the same way. You just have to fill N 400 and pay 700 some bucks.
Posted on 08-02-21 9:18 PM     [Snapshot: 133]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

Hoina budeskal ma citizenship liyera k garne horra? Ma ta citizenship chodne bichar ma chu
Posted on 08-03-21 7:24 AM     [Snapshot: 219]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

1. No need to pay for lawyers. As chicagoan said just follow the instructions for document N400
2. Your dad will be exempted for the test due to his age
Last edited: 03-Aug-21 07:24 AM
Last edited: 03-Aug-21 07:24 AM

Posted on 08-03-21 12:38 PM     [Snapshot: 276]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

He willl not able to pass civic test if he can't read or write English. For that you have to wait 15 years.
Posted on 08-20-21 10:01 AM     [Snapshot: 737]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

if your father can read, speak and write english, then with some preparation he will likely pass the test. if not, you might want to see if he is eligible for an exemption from the tests. either way, I strongly suggest that you hire a lawyer to do that. I am seeing that many people are getting their petitions denied because of mistakes they make in the application.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 60 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
सालीको चाक
Returning back to Nepal was a good decision
के नेपाल टाट पल्टी सकेको हो ?
TPS Holder with travel document
i owe 32 K to IRS :(
Democrat wants to run election like in India. Chaos and Confusing to voters.
दिसा गर्ने ठाउँबाट रगत अाए के गर्ने? Blood in stool
TPS Nepal travel on Advance Parole
Was it worth joining US army?
What kind of insurance to get for B1 B2 visiting parents?
Abortion should be illegal in US
बडो दुबिधा - career
TIA -- Travel Related Covid Infomation
राम्रो गर्छु भन्दा कहिले काही नराम्रो पो हुदो रहेछ...
Could crypto be a scam?
Nepali students flooding Australia
Kathmandu- the capital of political ideas?
Immigration court
मामाको छोरि चल्ने केहि जातहरु ;
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters